Baser Law
Immigration is our business
  Phone: 734-222-0275
English - Nederlands - Türkçe - Français


Under U.S. immigration law, there are several nonimmigrant visas available, each with their own requirements and limitations. Following is a brief overview of the most-used visas:

B-1/B-2: Visitor visa for business or pleasure.

F-1: Student visa, requires acceptance in a
program at a SEVIS-approved school, college,
or university.

H-1B: Work visa for positions deemed a
"Specialty Occupation" requiring a minimum
of a Bachelor's degree.

J-1: Foreign exchange visa, including categories
for trainees, au pairs, research scholar,
physicians, etc.

L-1: Intracompany transfer from a foreign subsidiary or sister-company. L-1A is for managers and executives, L-1B for employees with specialized knowledge.

O-1: Work visa for individuals of extraordinary ability.

TN: Work visa under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) for citizens of Canada (TN-1) and Mexico (TN-2).


If need assistance with applying for a visa or changing/extend your status while in the United States, please call us at (734) 222-0275 or send us an email at and schedule a consultation appointment to discuss your options.

Baser Law
211 N. 4th Ave., Suite 2A
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

Phone: (734) 222-0275
Fax: (734) 864-0308


This website is for informational purposes only and not intended to be legal advice. You should always consult a licensed immigration attorney regarding your personal situation.
Copyright © 2009 by Baser Law. All rights reserved. Materials available on this site may be reproduced only for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution.